Super So-Kalm Powder 1kg
Super So-Kalm Powder contains a range of key micro-nutrients to help horses maintain a calm disposition and improve concentration.
Browse our full range of:
Super So-Kalm Powder
Super So-Kalm Powder contains a range of key micro-nutrients to help horses maintain a calm disposition and improve concentration. It is ideal for horses experiencing new environments and training regimes or competition and the low sugar formula ensures it is suitable for horses and ponies on a restricted diet.
Super So-Kalm Powder is BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited. All ingredients are selected to ensure they are fully compliant with the Rules of Racing and the FEI guidelines for Clean Sport.
Horses are naturally fright and flight animals and can be prone to excitability and nervousness in unfamiliar surroundings (such as competition or new training venue) which can lead to spookiness and cause them to lose concentration and focus and result in undesirable behaviour. Super So Kalm provides targeted nutrition with 4 key ingredients to support the horse in managing these stress responses and supporting calm behaviour:
- Magnesium is a vital micromineral and plays an important role in nerve function and muscle contraction, as well as its other jobs around the body. A lack of magnesium in the diet can result in neuro-muscular excitability and increase in nervous behaviour.
- Calcium works closely with Magnesium and also is key to maintaining correct muscle and nerve function.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) is important for nerve impulse transmission and cellular energy production.
- L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid in the horse’s diet that is required for the production of the important hormone serotonin, which is associated with mood and pleasure. L-tryptophan is included in Super So Kalm at a safe level to support the daily requirement, particularly in those sharp or anxious horses that are likely to be receiving minimal concentrates, and consequently may be receiving sub-optimal levels of this key amino acid.
Super So-Kalm Powder is supplied in a palatable powder, easily mixed into feed.
- For 500kg horse: 30g per day. May feed an additional 30g, two hours prior to event.
- Maximum: 60g per day (divided into two feeds).
- 30g (approx.) measure enclosed.
Super So Kalm should be introduced gradually and fed at the recommended intake for at least 7 days before any stressful activity, and is safe to feed long term if required. May be reduced to 15g per day if desirable behaviour is maintained. Super So Kalm Powder is a low sugar and starch formulation, and therefore safe to feed to horses and ponies who require a low sugar diet.
- Composition: Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Carbonate, Dextrose, Rapeseed Oil.
- Nutritional additives: L-tryptophan (3c440) 166,667mg, Vitamin B1 (3a820 -Thiamine hydrochloride) 3333mg.
- Technological additives: BHT (antioxidant) (E321) 100mg.
|Ingredient||Per 30g serving|