Royal Canin Urinary Low Purine Dog Food 14kg
Browse our full range of:
ROYAL CANIN URINARY LOW PURINE DOG FOOD - 14KG DRY
Royal Canin Urinary S/O Low Purine Dog Food
Veterinary diets are formulated for the nutritional support of dogs with specific clinical conditions and are recommended to be used under veterinary advice. For more information on feeding Urinary Low Purine to your dog, please consult your veterinary surgeon.
Royal Canin Urinary Low Purine is for the nutritional support of dogs in cases of:
- Reduction of recurrence of metabolic uroliths (urate, xanthine or cystine)
- Maintenance diet (particularly indicated in breeds with a high risk of metabolic uroliths, e.g. Dalmatians)
- Nutritional support for dogs with leishmaniasis undergoing treatment with xanthine oxidase inhibitors (e.g. allopurinol)
Not recommended in cases of:
- Pregnancy, lactation, growth
- Use of urine-acidifying drugs
Low purine proteins (e.g. wheat flour and egg) combined with production of alkaline urine lead to a reduced risk of urate stones.
A combination of moderate quantities of high quality proteins and restricted sodium levels reduces the risk of formation of cystine stones.
High levels of biotin, niacin and pantothenic acid, combined with the zinc-linoleic acid complex, reduce transepidermal water loss and support the skin’s barrier function.
The synergistic antioxidant complex (vitamin E, vitamin C, taurine, lutein) neutralises free radicalsand helps maintain health of DNA, cells and the immune system.