Switch Lotion 250ml
Switch Lotion aids in the control of sweet itch on horses and donkeys.
Browse our full range of:
Switch Lotion aids in the control of sweet itch on horses and donkeys. It contains the active ingredient Permethrin, an anti-parasitic product that will kill and repel flying and biting insects that irritate horses or donkeys. It features a calibrated dispensing chamber within the applicator bottle for easy dosage.
No special precautions are required when using during pregnancy, lactation or lay.
Switch Lotion is not to be used in horses and donkeys intended for human consumption. Treated horses may never be slaughtered for human consumption. The horse must have been declared as not intended for human consumption under national horse passport legislation.
Horses and donkeys: 1ml per 10kg body weight up to a maximum of 40ml on horses and donkeys.
Apply the measured dose in approximately equal portions to the mane and rump avoiding the saddle area. Treatment should be started at the start of the sweet itch season and should be repeated as necessary – treatment once weekly should be sufficient for most horses.
If horses and donkeys are to be groomed, apply Switch after grooming.
- Active Ingredient: Permethrin (cis trans 80:20) 4.0% w/v.
- Other Ingredients: Butyl dioxitol.
Special precautions for use in animals:
- For external use only.
- A few horses, particularly those of the fine skinned Arab type, may react adversely to treatment with the product. In such individuals a small patch test at the base of the neck is recommended. If adverse reactions should occur, treatment should be stopped immediately. Any resulting skin irritation is short lived.
- Take care to avoid eye contact. The product must not be applied forward of the ears. In case of accidental splashing in to the horse’s eye, the affected eye should be washed thoroughly and immediately with copious quantities of clean water and veterinary attention sought.
Special precautions for the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals:
- The product may cause neurotoxic effects and skin and eye irritation.
- Wear protective clothing, boots and chemically resistant gloves such as rubber, PVC or nitrile when applying the product.
- Wash splashes from the skin and eyes immediately.
- If eye irritation persists, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the physician.
- When using the product do not eat, drink or smoke. Wash hands and exposed skin before eating, drinking or smoking.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Keep away from food, drink and animal feedstuffs.