Panacur Equine Guard 10% w/v Oral Suspension 225ml (Fenbendazole Horse Wormer) - POM-VPS
Panacur Equine Guard 10% w/v Oral Suspension is for the treatment and control of encysted inhibited and encysted mucosal redworm and in horses and other equines and is best given late October/November and again in February.
Browse our full range of:
Panacur Equine Guard 10% w/v Oral Suspension
Panacur Equine Guard 10% w/v Oral Suspension is for the treatment and control of encysted inhibited and encysted mucosal redworm and in horses and other equines. It is also effective against other immature and mature roundworms including large redworm (Strongylus edentatus and Strongylus vulgaris) and migrating large redworm, Ascarids (Parascaris equorum), Oxyuris and Strongyloides species and benzimidazole susceptible adult and immature small strongyles (Cyathostomes). It can also kill roundworm eggs.
Panacur Equine Guard 10% w/v Oral Suspension can be used safely on pregnant mares and young foals at therapeutic dosage levels. It must not be used in horses intended for human consumption - treated horses may never be slaughtered for human consumption. The horse must have been declared as not intended for human consumption under national horse passport legislation.
Treatment of encysted inhibited and encysted mucosal dwelling larvae should be performed in the autumn (ideally late October/November) and again in the Spring (ideally in February). However, for horses that fail to maintain condition or bought-in horses with unknown worming history, the treatment can be given at any time of the year.
Panacur Equine Guard 10% w/v Oral Suspension is given as a five day course. Each bottle is one full treatment for one 600kg horse.
- For oral administration.
- No dietary control is required before or after treatment.
- For the treatment and control of migrating and tissue larval stages of largestrongyles, encysted mucosal 3rd and 4th stage small strongyle larvae and encysted inhibited 3rd stage small strongyle larvae in the mucosa administer 5ml Of the product per 65kg bodyweight daily for 5 days (= 7.5 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily for 5 days).
- The product can be easily administered by mixing with grain or concentrate feed. The full daily dosage must be given as one administration.
- To ensure administration of a correct dose, body weight should be determined as accurately as possible; accuracy of the dosing device should be checked.
- Shake container before use.
- Active Ingredient: Fenbendazole 10% w/v.
- Other Ingredients: Sodium Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate 0.2% w/v, Sodium Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate 0.0216% w/v, Benzyl Alcohol 0.4835% w/v, Silica colloidal anhydrous, Carmellose sodium, Povidone K25, Sodium Citrate Dihydrate, Citric Acid Monohydrate and Water Purified.
- Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the medicinal product to the animals:
- Direct contact with the skin should be kept to a minimum.
- Wear suitable protective clothing including impermeable rubber gloves.
- Wash hands after use.