Eqvalan Duo Oral Paste (Ivermectin and Praziquantel Horse Wormer) - POM-VPS
Eqvalan Duo Oral Paste contains two active ingredients, Ivermectin and Praziquantel, to treat adult and immature roundworms, lungworms, bots and adult tapeworms in horses.
Browse our full range of:
Eqvalan Duo Oral Paste
Eqvalan Duo Oral Paste contains two active ingredients, Ivermectin and Praziquantel, to treat adult and immature roundworms, lungworms, bots and adult tapeworms in horses. It is suitable for foals from 2 months, pregnant mares after the first 3 months of gestation and during lactation, but never in mares producing milk for human consumption.. It is not recommended for use in stallions as no safety studies have been conducted. The withdrawal period for meat is 30 days.
Each syringe of Eqvalan Duo Oral Paste will treat horses up to 600kg.
Eqvalan Duo Oral Paste is effective against:
- Adult Tapeworms:
- Anoplocephala perfoliata
- Anoplocephala magna
- Large strongyles:
- Strongylus vulgaris (adults and arterial larval stages)
- Strongylus edentatus (adults and tissue larval stages)
- Strongylus equinus (adults)
- Triodontophorus spp (adults)
- Triodontophorus brevicauda
- Triodontophorus serratus
- Craterostomum acuticaudatum (adults)
- Adult and immature (intraluminal fourth-stage larvae) of small strongyles or cyathostomes, including benzimidazole-resistant strains:
- Coronocyclus spp
- Coronocyclus coronatus
- Coronocyclus labiatus
- Coronocyclus labratus
- Cyathostomum spp
- Cyathostomum catinatum
- Cyathostomum pateratum
- Cylicocyclus spp
- Cylicocyclus ashworthi
- Cylicocyclus elongatus
- Cylicocyclus insigne
- Cylicocyclus leptostomum
- Cylicocyclus nassatus
- Cylicodontophorus spp
- Cylicodontophorus bicornatus
- Cylicostephanus spp
- Cylicostephanus calicatus
- Cylicostephanus goldi
- Cylicostephanus longibursatus
- Cylicostephanus minutus
- Parapoteriostomum spp
- Parapoteriostomum mettami
- Petrovinema spp
- Petrovinema poculatum
- Poteriostomum spp
- Adult hairworms: Trichostrongylus axei
- Adult and immature (fourth stage Larvae) pinworms: Oxyuris equi
- Adult, third- and fourth-stage larvae of roundworms (ascarids): Parascaris equorum
- Microfilariae of neck threadworms: Onchocerca spp
- Adult intestinal threadworms: Strongyloides westeri
- Adult large-mouth stomach worms: Habronema muscae
- Oral and, gastric stages of bots: Gasterophilus spp
- Adult and immature (inhibited fourth stage larvae) lungworms: Dictyocaulus arnfieldi
- The recommended dosage is 200mcg ivermectin per kilogram of bodyweight and 1mg praziquantel per kilogram of bodyweight corresponding to 1.29g of paste per 100kg bodyweight in a single administration.
- Bodyweight and dosage should be accurately determined prior to treatment.
- Calibrated markings are provided at 100kg bodyweight intervals
- The syringe should be adjusted to the calculated dosage by setting the ring on the appropriate place on the plunger.
- For oral administration only. While holding the plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger ¼ turn to the left and slide it so the stop ring is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by turning it ¼ turn to the right in order to bring the two arrows, the one visible on the ring and the one on the plunger rod, into alignment.
- Make sure the horse’s mouth contains no feed.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the horse’s mouth at the interdental space and deposit the paste on the base of the tongue. Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing and ensure that the paste is consumed.
- Active Ingredients: Ivermectin 0.12g (15.5mg/g) and Praziquantel 0.6g (77.5mg/g).
Other Ingredients: Butylhydroxyanisole (E320): 0.002g, Sunset Yellow (E110): 0.003g, Titanium dioxide (E171): 0.155g, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Hydrogenated castor oil and Glycerol formal.
Special precautions for use in animals:
- Safety studies were not conducted in foals younger than 2 months of age, or in stallions, the use of Eqvalan Duo, oral paste is not recommended in these categories of animals.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals:
- Wash hands after use.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat while handling the product.
- This product may cause skin and eye irritation. Therefore, the user should avoid contact of the product with the skin and the eyes. In case of contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- In the case of accidental ingestion or eye irritation after contact seek medical advice immediately and show the package insert or the label to the physician.