Dronspot 30mg/7.5mg Spot-on Solution for Small Cats 2s
Suitable for cats weighing between 0.5kg and 2.5kg, Dronspot 30mg/7.5mg Spot-on Solution for Small Cats is for the treatment of mixed parasitic infections in cats caused by roundworms and tapeworms.
Browse our full range of:
Dronspot 30mg/7.5mg Spot-on Solution for Small Cats
Legal category: NFA-VPS
Suitable for cats weighing between 0.5kg and 2.5kg, Dronspot 30mg/7.5mg Spot-on Solution for Small Cats is for the treatment of mixed parasitic infections in cats caused by roundworms and tapeworms:
- Roundworms: Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina, Ancylostoma tubaeforme
- Tapeworms: Dipylidium caninum, Taenia taeniaeformis, Echinococcus multilocularis
Dronspot 30mg/7.5mg Spot-on Solution for Small Cats is suitable for kittens from 8 weeks of age weighing over 0.5kg and is can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Dronspot 30mg/7.5mg Spot-on Solution for Small Cats is a great, fuss-free wormer for cats who don't like taking tablets.
- For the treatment of roundworms and tapeworms a single administration per treatment is effective.
- For the treatment of queens to prevent transmission of Toxocara cati (L3 larval stage) through the milk to the offspring, a single administration per treatment approximately seven days prior to expected birthing is effective.
- Spot-on use for external application to the skin.
- The cat should be accurately weighed prior to treatment to ensure that the correct pipette size is used.
- Remove one pipette from package. Hold pipette in upright position, twist and pull off cap and use the opposite end of the cap to break the seal.
- Part the fur on the cat’s neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible.
- Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty the contents directly onto the skin.
- Application on the base of the skull will minimise the ability of the cat to lick the product off.
- Active Ingredients: Praziquantel 30mg, Emodepside 7.5mg.
- Other Ingredients: Butylhydroxyanisole (E320) 1.89mg, 1.2-Isopropylidene glycerol, Lactic acid.
- Do not use in kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 0.5kg.
- Do not use in known cases of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the other ingredients.
- Emodepside is a substrate for P-glycoprotein. Co-treatment with other drugs that are P-glycoprotein substrates/inhibitors (for example, ivermectin and other antiparasitic macrocyclic lactones, erythromycin, prednisolone and cyclosporine) could give rise to pharmacokinetic drug interactions. The potential clinical consequences of such interactions have not been investigated. If your cat is receiving any medications, please contact your vet to discuss this before applying the product. Similarly, please inform your vet that you are using this product if s/he provides your cat with any medication.
- Shampooing or immersion of the animal in water directly after treatment may reduce the efficacy of the product. Treated animals therefore should not be bathed until the solution has dried.
Special precautions for use in animals:
- Apply only to the skin surface and on intact skin. Do not administer orally or parenterally.
- Avoid the treated cat or other cats in the household licking the site of application while it is wet.
- There is limited experience on the use of the product in sick and debilitated animals. Therefore the product should not be administered to these animals.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals:
- This product can be irritating to the skin and eyes.
- Care should be taken to avoid the contents of the pipette coming into contact with the skin, eyes and mouth, including hand-to-mouth and hand-to-eye contact.
- Avoid direct contact with application area while it is wet. Keep children away from treated animals during that time.
- In case of accidental contact with the skin or eyes, wash off any skin contamination immediately with soap and water. Rinse the affected eyes thoroughly with clean, fresh water.
- People with known hypersensitivity to praziquantel should avoid contact with the product.
- If skin or eye symptoms persist, or in case of accidental ingestion, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the physician.
- Care should be taken not to allow children to have prolonged intensive contact (for example, by sleeping) with treated cats during the first 24 hours after application of the product.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink during application.
- Wash hands after use.
The solvent in this product may stain certain materials including leather, fabrics, plastics and finished surfaces. Allow the application site to dry before permitting contact with such materials.
Echinococcosis represents a hazard for humans. As Echinococcosis is a notifiable disease to the OIE, specific guidelines on the treatment and follow-up, and on the safeguard of persons, need to be obtained from the relevant competent authority.