Droncit Spot-on 20mg Solution for Cats 4s
Droncit Spot-on 20mg Solution is a tapeworm treatment for cats that is effective against all common tapeworms found in cats in the UK.
Browse our full range of:
Droncit Spot-on 20mg Solution for Cats
Droncit Spot-on is a tapeworm treatment for cats that is effective against all common tapeworms found in cats in the UK including mature and immature forms of Dipylidium caninum and Taenia species as well as Echinococcus multilocularis.
As Droncit Spot-on is applied to the skin, it is ideal for cats who do not like taking tablets, as well as for hunting cats which require more frequent treatment.
Droncit Spot-on is suitable for all cats weighing over 1kg, including pregnant and lactating queens.
Worming and Flea Control
Fleas are often infected with tapeworm larvae, which can be transferred to your cat by swallowing the flea while grooming, so in order to control worms, you also need to control fleas. If you don't control a flea problem at the same time as worming, your cat is almost certain to be re-infected. The easiest way to prevent this is to use a spot on flea protection such as Frontline regularly.
The minimum dose rate is 8 mg/kg bodyweight, which equates to 1 tube per 2.5 kg bodyweight:
1-2.5kg: 1 tube
2.5-5kg: 2 tubes
5kg and over: 3 tubes
- Remove one tube from the package. Hold tube in an upright position, twist and pull off cap. Use reversed cap to twist and remove seal from tube.
- Part the hair on the cat's neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible.
- Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty the contents directly onto the skin. Application at the base of the skull will minimise the opportunity for the cat to lick the product.
To minimise the possibility of run-off after application of more than one pipette, it is advised that the applications should be performed slowly to allow absorption and that it may be advisable to allow the contents of the previous pipette to be absorbed before applying another.
Do not allow recently treated animals to groom each other.
It is recommended that Droncit Spot-on is reapplied when signs of tapeworm infestation reappear or at monthly intervals.
If cats roam and hunt and come into contact with mice, whether consumed or not, then subsequent reinfestation with Taenia taeniaeformis is impossible to prevent.
- Active Ingredients: Praziquantel 20mg
- Other Ingredients: Butylated hydroxytoluene 0.5 mg, N-methylpyrrolidone.