Deosect Spray - POM-VPS
Browse our full range of:
Deosect® 5% w/v Concentrate for Cutaneous Spray Solution
Deosect® 5% w/v Concentrate for Cutaneous Spray Solution is a topical spray containing 5% w/v cypermethrin (cis 50: trans 50) to control flies and lice on horses:
- Fly Control: The application of the solution should commence at the onset of the fly season and be repeated monthly for general fly control and every two weeks for severe head and face fly control.
- Lice Control: Apply when lice are observed and repeat as necessary at a minimum interval of 14 days.
Deosect® 5% w/v Concentrate for Cutaneous Spray Solution can be safely used during pregnancy and lactation.
Deosect® 5% w/v Concentrate for Cutaneous Spray Solution is not to be used in animals intended for human consumption. Treated horses may never be slaughtered for human consumption. The horse must have been declared as not intended for human consumption under national horse passport legislation. In accordance with the Horse Passport legislation (Commission Decision 2000/68/EC as implemented in national legislation) a 6 month withdrawal period applies to the use of this product.
For use with sponge or handsprayer.
Deosect must be diluted and mixed with water to make a solution just before use. A knapsack, hand sprayer or sponge may be used to apply the solution. The diluted solution should be used within 24 hours.
The following amounts should be used to give a 1:50 dilution.
- 10ml: 500ml water
- 20ml: 1 Litre water
- 100ml: 5 Litres water
- 200ml: 10 Litres water
A medium fine spray is advisable to avoid fogging of the diluted Deosect.
Careful attention must be paid to total animal coverage, especially the face, legs, back and hindquarters.
The following amounts should be used.
- Horses: 500ml of diluted solution per animal.
- Ponies: 125ml of diluted solution per animal.
- Active Ingredient: Cypermethrin technical Cis 50: Trans 50 5.0 (0.1% w/v when diluted).
- Other Ingredients: Tensiofix B 7438, Tensiofix B 7453, Cyclohexanone, Shellsol A.
- Do not apply to any lesions where the skin is broken.
- Do not spray in or near milking parlours or where milking machinery may be contaminated.
- DANGEROUS to fish and crustaceans. Do not contaminate ponds, waterways or ditches with the product or used containers.
- Any unused veterinary medicinal product or waste materials derived from such veterinary medicinal products should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals:
- Wear impermeable gloves, face shield and rubber boots when handling the concentrate, diluted liquid and when spraying animals.
- Use in a well-ventilated area and avoid inhaling the spray mist. If splashed in the eye or on the skin, wash with plenty of clean, running water immediately and seek medical attention.
- Remove contaminated clothing immediately and wash before re-use.
- Do not smoke or eat while handling the product.
- Wash hands and exposed skin after handling this product and before meals.