Bimectin Horse Oral Paste 18.7mg/g (Ivermectin Horse Wormer) - POM-VPS
Bimectin Horse Oral Paste 18.7mg/g is an apple flavoured wormer containing the active ingredient Ivermectin for broad spectrum use in parasite control for horses, ponies, mares and foals.
Browse our full range of:
Bimectin Horse Oral Paste 18.7mg/g
Bimectin Horse Oral Paste 18.7mg/g is an apple flavoured wormer containing the active ingredient Ivermectin for broad spectrum use in parasite control for horses, ponies, mares and foals. It kills the adult and 4th larval stages of most of the important internal parasites including small redworms, the arterial stages of the large redworms, lungworms and bots with a single dose. In most cases it will also killsadults and immatures (4th larval) small strongyles or cyathostomes.
While laboratory studies of use during pregnancy, lactation or lay showed no teratogenic or embryotoxic effect of ivermectin at the recommended doses, use of Bimectin Horse Oral Paste 18.7mg/g in these conditions should be according to risk/benefit analysis of your veterinary surgeon. It must not be used in mares producing milk for human consumption.
The withdrawal period of meat and offal is 34 days.
Each syringe of Bimectin Horse Oral Paste 18.7mg/g treats 600kg of bodyweight.
Bimectin Horse Oral Paste 18.7mg/g is indicated for the treatment of nematode or arthropod infestations in horses due to:
- Strongylus vulgaris (adults and 4 th larval [arterial] stages)
- S. edentatus (adults and 4th larval [tissue] stages)
- S. equinus (adults)
- Triodontophorus spp. (adults)
- Triodontophorus brevicauda
- Triodontophorus serratus
- Adults and immatures (fourth stage larvae) small strongyles or cyathostomes unless otherwise stated. Ivermectin is not effective against the encysted larval stages of the small strongyles.
- Coronocyclus spp.
- Coronocyclus coronatus
- Coronocyclus labiatus
- Coronocyclus labratus
- Cyathostomum spp.
- Cyathostomum catinatum
- Cyathostomum pateratum
- Cylicocyclus spp.
- Cylicocyclus ashworthi
- Cylicocyclus elongatus
- Cylicocyclus insigne
- Cylicocyclus leptostomum
- Cylicocyclus nassatus
- Cylicostephanus spp.
- Cylicostephanus calicatus
- Cylicostephanus goldi
- Cylicostephanus longibursatus
- Cylicostephanus minutus
- Cylicodontophorus spp.
- Cylicodontophorus bicornatus
- Parapoteriostomum spp.
- Parapoteriostomum mettami
- Petrovinema spp.
- Petrovinema poculatum
- Poteriostomum spp.
Lungworms (adult and inhibited fourth stage larvae):
- Dictyocaulus arnfieldi
Pinworms (adult and inhibited fourth stage larvae):
- Oxyuris equi
Ascarids (adults and third & fourth stage larvae):
- Parascaris equorum
- Trichostrongylus axei
Large-mouth stomach worms (adults):
- Habronema muscae
Neck threadworms (microfilariae):
- Onchocerca spp.
Intestinal threadworms (adults):
- Strongyloides westeri
Stomach bots (oral and gastric stages):
- Gasterophilus spp.
- Administer orally as a single dose rate to horses at the recommended dose level of 0.2mg ivermectin per kilogram of bodyweight.
- To ensure administration of the correct dose, body weight should be determined as accurately as possible.
- If animals are to be treated collectively rather than individually, they should be grouped according to their bodyweight and dosed accordingly, in order to avoid under- or over-dosing.
- This is a single dose product. Discard after use.
- Each weight marking on the syringe plunger will deliver sufficient paste to treat 100kg bodyweight.
- Unlock the knurled ring by making ¼ turn and slide the knurled ring up the plunger shaft so that the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Turn the knurled ring ¼ turn to lock in place.
- Make sure the horse’s mouth contains no feed.
- Remove the plastic cap from the tip of the nozzle. Insert the syringe into the horse’s mouth at the interdental space.
- Advance the plunger as far as it will go, depositing the medication on the base of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing.
- Active Ingredient: Ivermectin 18.7 mg/g.
- Other Ingredients: Maize oil, Polysorbate 80, Apple flavour, Colloidal anhydrous silica.
- Resistance to ivermectin has been reported in Parascaris equorum in horses in a number of countries, including the EU. Therefore, the use of this product should be based on local farm epidemiological information about susceptibility of nematodes and recommendations on how to limit further selection for resistance to anthelmintics.
- Parasite resistance to any particular class of anthelmintic may develop following frequent, repeated use of an anthelmintic of that class.
- EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO FISH AND AQUATIC LIFE. Do not contaminate surface waters or ditches with product or used containers. Any unused product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with national requirements.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals:
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling the product.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes. If accidental skin contact occurs, wash the affected area immediately with soap and water. If accidental eye exposure occurs, flush the eyes immediately with water and, if necessary, get medical attention.
- Wash hands after use.