Royal Canin Urinary Dog Food (Various Sizes)
Read more about this product »
- Royal Canin Urinary Dog Food (various sizes)
Royal Canin Urinary Dog Food (Dry Food)
Available in: 2kg, 7.5kg and 14kg bag.
Also available: Urinary Wet.
Veterinary diets are formulated for the nutritional support of dogs with specific clinical conditions and are recommended to be used under veterinary advice. For more information on feeding Urinary to your dog, please consult your veterinary surgeon.
Urinary is for the nutritional support of dogs in cases of:
- Bacterial cystitis
- Dissolution of struvite uroliths
- Reduction of recurrent struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis
Not recommended in cases of:
- Pregnancy, lactation, growth
- Chronic renal failure, metabolic acidosis
- Pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis
- Heart failure
- Use of urine-acidifying drugs
Urinary S/O Canine effectively dissolves struvite uroliths. An acidic urinary pH is unfavourable to the development of bacteria, which are frequently associated with struvite uroliths.
Diluting urine decreases the urinary concentration of struvites and calcium oxalates. The larger urinary volume also ensures regular bladder wash-out.
Undersaturated urine is an environment where crystals cannot proliferate. Thus the urine is unfavourable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
Magnesium is a component of struvite (magnesium ammonium phosphate) uroliths.