Royal Canin Hepatic Dog Food (Various Sizes)
Read more about this product »
- Royal Canin Hepatic Dog Food (various sizes)
Royal Canin Hepatic Dog Food (Dry Food)
Available in: 1.5kg, 6kg and 12kg bag. Also available: Hepatic Wet.
Veterinary diets are formulated for the nutritional support of dogs with specific clinical conditions and are recommended to be used under veterinary advice. For more information on feeding Hepatic to your dog, please consult your veterinary surgeon.
Hepatic is for the nutritional support of dogs in cases of:
- Chronic hepatitis
- Portosystemic shunt
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Liver failure
- Liver disease
- Copper metabolism disorders
Not recommended in cases of:
- Pregnancy, lactation, growth
- Pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis
- Highly digestible vegetable proteins (soy protein isolate) which are well tolerated in dogs with hepatic encephalopathy.
- A low copper with increased zinc content minimises copper accumulation in the hepatocytes.The synergistic antioxidant complex helps support the health of the hepatocytes.
- High energy provided from fat avoids excessive protein catabolism, a risk factor for the onset or the progression of hepatic encephalopathy.