Killitch Sweet Itch Lotion 1 Litre
Killitch Sweet Itch Lotion is licensed and proven to prevent and treat Sweet Itch in horses and ponies.
Browse our full range of:
Killitch Sweet Itch Lotion
Killitch Sweet Itch Lotion is licensed and proven to prevent and treat Sweet Itch in horses and ponies. It contains the active ingredient benzyl benzoate in a soothing lotion.
If Killitch Sweet Itch Lotion is used as a preventative measure in early Spring prior to the symptoms of Sweet Itch becoming evident, the condition may not take hold.
Apply while wearing gloves to all affected areas by rubbing in with fingers or soft cloth as soon as sweet itch is diagnosed and for the remaining part of the sweet itch season. Initial application of Killitch® (75ml) should be made twice daily, reducing to once daily and then 3-4 times a week as the irritation lessens. All affected areas should be kept clean by shampooing and rinsing well at least once a week. After shampooing or heavy exercise, re-apply to ensure adequate protection. With horses which are known to suffer from sweet itch, it is recommended that Killitch® is applied in the early spring before symptoms become evident, so that the condition may never take a hold.
- Active Ingredient: Benzyl Benzoate 25.0% w/v.
- Other Ingredients: Bronopol, Emulsifying wax, Water potable.
- Not to be used on horses for human consumption.
- Treated horses may never be slaughtered for human consumption.
- The horse must have been declared as not intended for human consumption under national horse passport legislation.