Royal Canin Urinary Moderate Calorie Dog Food (various sizes)
Read more about this product »
- Royal Canin Urinary Mod Cal Dog Food (various sizes)
ROYAL CANIN URINARY MODERATE CALORIE DRY DOG FOOD
Available is sizes: 6.5kg & 12kg bags
RCW Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Dog Dry
Veterinary diets are formulated for the nutritional support of dogs with specific clinical conditions and are recommended to be used under veterinary advice. For more information on feeding Royal Canin Urinary to your dog, please consult your veterinary surgeon.
Royal Canin Urinary is for the nutritional support of dogs in cases of:
- Overweight or neutered dogs or dogs at risk of becoming overweight due to lifestyle or breed.
- Bacterial cystitis
- Dissolution of struvite uroliths
- Reduction of recurrent struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis
In older dogs renal function should be checked before Royal Canin urinary S/O moderate calorie is reccomended.
Not recommended in cases of:
- Pregnancy, lactation, growth
- Chronic renal failure, metabolic acidosis
- Pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis
- Heart failure
- Use of urine-acidifying drugs
Urinary S/O Canine effectively dissolves struvite uroliths. An acidic urinary pH is unfavourable to the development of bacteria, which are frequently associated with struvite uroliths.
Diluting urine decreases the urinary concentration of struvites and calcium oxalates. The larger urinary volume also ensures regular bladder wash-out.
Undersaturated urine is an environment where crystals cannot proliferate. Thus the urine is unfavourable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
The reduced calorie content of the diet makes it possible to limit weight gain in dogs with a tendency to obesity.