Royal Canin Renal Dog Food
Read more about this product »
- Royal Canin Renal Dog Food
Royal Canin Renal Dog Food - Dry Food
Available in: 2kg, 7kg and 14kg bag.
Also available: Renal Wet.
Veterinary diets are formulated for the nutritional support of dogs with specific clinical conditions and are recommended to be used under veterinary advice. For more information on feeding Renal to your dog, please consult your veterinary surgeon.
Renal is for the nutritional support of dogs in cases of:
- Chronic renal failure (CRF)
- Reduction of recurrence of urolithiasis requiring urine alkalinisation: urate and cystine uroliths
- Reduction of formation of oxalate stones in dogs with impaired renal function
Not recommended in cases of:
- Pregnancy, lactation, growth
- Pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis
In chronic renal failure (CRF), the kidneys are no longer able to properly eliminate phosphorus. Limiting the dietary phosphorus intake is an essential part of nutritional support.
- Flavanols (a particular type of green tea polyphenol) have two major actions: they neutralise free radicals and help maintain renal perfusion.
- A higher intake of long chain omega 3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA) helps to maintain the glomerular filtration rate.
- Increased uraemia may induce the development of gastric and intestinal mucosal ulcers. The combination of zeolite with FOS helps protect the mucosae