Royal Canin Cardiac Dog Food (various sizes)
Read more about this product »
- Royal Canin Cardiac Dog Food (various sizes)
Royal Canin Cardiac Dog Food - Dry Food
Available in: 2kg and 14kg bag.
Veterinary diets are formulated for the nutritional support of dogs with specific clinical conditions and are recommended to be used under veterinary advice. For more information on feeding Cardiac to your dog, please consult your veterinary surgeon.
Cardiac is for the nutritional support of dogs in cases of:
- Puppies diagnosed with heart disease
- Adult dogs with symptoms of heart disease
Not recommended in cases of:
- Pregnancy, lactation, growth (unless puppy has been diagnosed with heart disease)
- Pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis
Polyphenols contribute to vasodilatation and help neutralise free radicals.
The Cardiac diet has a moderate phosphorus content taking into account the associated risk of chronic renal failure.
Sodium restriction helps reduce workload on the heart. Potassium and magnesium levels are adapted to optimum clinical levels.
Taurine and L-carnitine are essential for myocyte function and they also help maintain heart contractility.