Colombovac - Pigeon Vaccine (various sizes) 100 DOSE CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK
Read more about this product »
- Colombovac - Pigeon Vaccine (various sizes) 100 DOSE CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK
- Dosage and Administration
COLOMBOVAC PMV - PIGEON VACCINE
Colombovac PMV Paramyxovirus Vaccine
Sizes Available: 100 dose (20ml) & 50 dose (10ml)
Colombovac is for the active immunisation of pigeons to reduce mortality and clinical signs due to infection with paramyxovirus serotype 1 infection.
The onset of protection occurs one month after inoculation, the duration of protection is 12 months.
Suspension for injection.
Inactivated Newcastle Disease Virus, strain La Sota. One dose induces a GMT-HI titre of at least 27.0 in chicks per 0.2 ml dose. Also contains 1 mg carbomer 934 P as adjuvant and 20 μg thiomersal as preservative.
1 x 50 doses (10 ml)
1 x 100 doses (20 ml)
Store and transport refrigerated (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze. Protect from light.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Use entire contents of vial once opened.
Do not use after the expiry date stated on the label.
Any unused veterinary medicinal product or waste materials derived from such veterinary medicinal products should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.
These products, as well as being available from vets and pharmacists, can be supplied by a suitably qualified person (SQP) from a pharmacy registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and from premises approved by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD). Our SQP Mrs Diane Harris, number QE7160, is available for advice regarding worming schedules and procedures if required.
Within the current legislation it is our duty to determine the purchaser is a legitimate buyer and owner of an animal requiring treatment. Upon completion of purchasing these goods you will be asked some questions regarding the animal for compliance with the Veterinary Medicines Regulations, please be aware that we may contact you to confirm any details if necessary.
Always read the instructions before use.
Safety precautions may be necessary during administration, please consult the packaging and/or product literature.
One dose (0.2ml) per pigeon.
Administration: The vial has to be swirled several times before use.
The Colombovac vaccine has to be administered by subcutaneous injection dorsally in the neck region (in the direction of the back).
1. Racing pigeons – All birds in the loft should be given one vaccination annually not less than 14 days before the beginning of the racing season. Young birds may be vaccinated with Colombovac PMV from 3 weeks of age when a single injection will provide immunity for 1 year. Following vaccination avoid contact with birds from other lofts for at least 14 days.
2. Show pigeons – All birds on the premises should be given one vaccination annually not less than 14 days before the beginning of the show season. Young birds may be vaccinated with Colombovac PMV from 3 weeks of age when a single injection will provide immunity for 1 year. Following vaccination, avoid contact with birds from other sources for at least 14 days.
1. Racing pigeons - All adult birds in the loft should be given a single booster vaccination annually. Where the annual booster vaccination may interfere with the training or racing programme, it may be brought forward prior to the commencement of each racing season.
2. Show pigeons - All adult birds on the premises should be given a single booster vaccination annually.