ROYAL CANIN FELINE URINARY MODERATE CALORIE WET FOOD 48X100G POUCHESVeterinary diets are formulated for the nutritional support of cats with specific clinical conditions and are recommended to be used under veterinary advice. For more information on feeding Urinary Moderate Calorie to your cat, please consult your veterinary surgeon.
Royal Canin Feline Urinary Moderate Calorie is for the nutritional support of cats in cases of:
- For adult cats who have difficulty in maintaing their ideal body weight (neutering, overweight, low activity levels):
- Feline idiopathic cystitis
- Struvite urolithiasis
- Management of recurrent struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis
In older cats renal function should be checked before Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline is reccomended.
Not recommended in cases of:
- Pregnancy, lactation, growth
- Chronic renal failure, metabolic acidosis
- Heart failure
- Use of urine-acidifying drugs
Royal Canin Urinary S/O Feline effectively dissolves struvite stones.
Diluting urine decreases the urinary concentration of struvites and calcium oxalates. The larger urinary volume also ensures regular bladder wash-out.
The reduced calorie content of the diet makes it possible to limit weight gain in cats with a tendency to obesity.
Undersaturated urine is an environment where crystals can not proliferate thus the urine is unfavourable to the development of struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.